Public art in South Africa
Art in South Africa’s public spaces often marks the spot where historically significant events took place. Such art pays tribute to South African icons or raises awareness about social issues. There are numerous ongoing public art projects in the country’s cities involving permanent installations and temporary exhibitions. Route 67 in Port Elizabeth is a walking trail that pays tribute to Nelson Mandela’s 67 years of service to South Africans. It includes a collection of 67 art pieces celebrating his devotion to public life. Each piece of art along this heritage trail was designed by a local artist from the Eastern Cape.
Read more at AFKTravel.com.
Read More from Source: AFKinsider South Africa
Read More South Africa
- 12 Issues Africa Needs To Address To Be More Globally Competitive
23 Jun 2017
- Wearable Tech Market Shows Impressive Growth In Africa
23 Jun 2017
- 12 African Tech Innovators Worth Following On Twitter
21 Jun 2017
- Africa Rail Investment: Real Property And Land Value Capture
20 Jun 2017
- African Mobile Phone Sales Down In 2017, East Africa Still Growing
19 Jun 2017