Following the turmoil of the last few weeks in South African politics, and an unpopular cabinet reshuffle imposed by president Jacob Zuma, the country has a new finance minister, with Malusi Gigaba now in charge of treasury.
Popular previous minister Pravin Gordhan was axed from the role, and Gigaba is expected to fill the void left by the hard-working MP who Zuma saw as a threat.
The former home affairs minister steps into the role of minister of finance at a time when the fragility of the South African economy remains a concern, evidenced by the Standard & Poors and Fitch downgrades that have followed the cabinet reshuffle.
We take a look at 12 things you might not know about South Africa’s new finance minister, Malusi Gigaba.
The post 12 Things You Didn’t Know About South Africa’s New Finance Minister, Malusi Gigaba appeared first on AFKInsider.
Read More from Source: AFKinsider South Africa
Read More South Africa
- South Africa Tops List Of African Countries With The Most Tech Hubs
24 Jun 2017
- 12 Issues Africa Needs To Address To Be More Globally Competitive
23 Jun 2017
- Wearable Tech Market Shows Impressive Growth In Africa
23 Jun 2017
- 12 African Tech Innovators Worth Following On Twitter
21 Jun 2017
- Africa Rail Investment: Real Property And Land Value Capture
20 Jun 2017