Berlusconi Sex Party Attendee Says She Received Death Threats

0
37

Rabat – Marysthell Polanco, an attendee of former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi’s infamous “bunga bunga” sex parties, has revealed that she received death threats during the bribery investigation.

The information came to light when Milan-based prosecutors questioned Polanco about the mysterious death of Moroccan-born model Imane Fadil, one of the investigation’s key witnesses.

Investigators have also said that Barbara Guerra, another attendee, received similar threats as Polanco did during the investigation.

Death of Imane Fadil

In March, Italian magistrates opened a murder investigation into Fadil’s mysterious death. The 34-year-old Moroccan model was a witness in Berlusconi’s previous underage prostitute trial and his upcoming bribery trial.

Fadil, who attended several of Berlusconi’s “bunga bunga” sex parties, was admitted to a hospital in February for severe stomach pain. Her brother and lawyer have said that before falling ill the Moroccan-born model expressed her fear of being poisoned.

Fadil died on March 1.

Read Also: Moroccan-Born Witness in Berlusconi’s ‘Bunga-bunga Trial’ was Poisoned

The preliminary results of the ongoing murder investigation appear to support Fadil’s claims. A toxicology test established that the former model died of “a mixture of radioactive substances.”

According to Huffington Post Italy, Fadil had been working on a memoir titled “I Met the Devil” when she died. The memoir is said to include first-hand accounts of her experience as an attendee of Berlusconi’s parties.

Fadil had previously given evidence in Berlusconi’s 2012 trial, in which he was on trial for paying for sex with an underage prostitute. She was also scheduled to provide evidence in his upcoming bribery trial.

Years of scandal

In January 2011, Berlusconi was placed under criminal investigation when Karima El Mahroug accused him of having sex with her at one of his “bunga bunga” parties when she was underage. Fadil and several other women came forward to provide evidence in support El Mahroug’s claim.

While Berlusconi denied all accusations, the collective evidence led the court to finding him guilty in June 2013 and sentencing him to seven years in prison.

Several months later in January 2014, Berlusconi appealed his case and requested complete absolution. The Italian appeals court granted his request, overturning all of the convictions.

In March 2015, the Italian Court of Cassation, the country’s highest court, upheld his acquittal.

Two years later in January 2017, an Italian court ordered Berlusconi to stand trial again—this time accusing him of bribing witnesses for their silence during the underage prostitute trial.

Fadil was never accused of taking bribes and before her death was expected to give evidence in the new case.

Berlusconi’s bribery trial is still ongoing.

Source: moroccoworldnews.com