Man Utd target Mertens refuses to rule out Napoli exit

0
29

Date published: Wednesday 2nd October 2019 4:13

Napoli winger Dries Mertens has said that it is too early to “rule anything out” as regards his future amid rumours linking the player with a move to Manchester United.

Mertens, who has scored five goals and assisted one other in six appearances in all competitions so far this season, is in the final year of his current contract at the Serie A club and is set to become a free agent at the end of the season.

Rai Sport‘s mercato expert Ciro Venerato previously reported that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side were interested in Mertens and, speaking to Voetbal Sport/Magazine, the 32-year-old said he was unsure about his future.

“I still don’t know what my future will be,” Mertens said. “My objective right now is to have a very good season with Napoli. Then we’ll see how things go. There’s still some time left until the end of the season.

“Here at Napoli, I still have seven months left on my contract. I don’t know where I’ll be playing next season.

“At the end of this year, I’ll assess whether to renew my contract or not, but it’s still too early. I’m not in a position to rule anything out.”

Elsewhere, United have also been linked with a move for Juventus attacker Mario Mandzukic, with one report claiming to have revealed his asking price.

Source: football365.com