Education CS Prof. George Magoha addresses the press at Moi Girls School in Kibra on January 27, 2020.
- According to the CS, this represents about 92% of the 1,083,456 who sat for last year’s KCPE examinations; leaving out about 113,305 students yet to report to secondary schools.
- Magoha, speaking while addressing a press conference at Moi Girls School in Kibra on Monday, said 69,783 out of these 970,151 students have been admitted into private schools.
Education Cabinet Secretary Prof. George Magoha has revealed that close to 100,000 students who sat last year’s KCPE exam are yet to join secondary school.
According to the CS, a total of 970,151 pupils have so far made the transition from primary to secondary school, which represents 92% of the 1,083,456 candidates who sat the national exam last year
Prof. Magoha, who was addressing a press conference at Moi Girls School in Kibra on Monday, said 69,783 out of these 970,151 students have been admitted into private schools.
He also stated that officials from his ministry had managed to enroll at least 150,000 students to secondary schools between Friday and Monday alone, adding that the remaining number should hopefully be enrolled within the next couple of days.
Magoha commended a few counties for reaching and surpassing the 100 per cent transition target, including; Murang’a (127%), Nyeri (123%), Turkana (116%), Nairobi (111%), Vihiga (111%), Tharaka Nithi (106%), Kirinyaga (105%), Kajiado (102%), Uasin (108%), Lamu (99%).
“I would like to call upon the Fourth Estate to help us identify whoever still has a child at home. I’m hoping that within the next two days, we should actually have mopped everybody,” he said.
“The government is ready, able and willing to ensure that every child who took the exam has a fair chance in a high school.”
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Private hospitals on the spot for making patients commodities