A 17-year-old Form Two student was on Saturday evening electrocuted to death while trying to clear tree branches near a power line in Kirinyaga County.
According to family members who spoke to Citizen Digital, the Kathaka Secondary School student decided to prune the trees to avoid causing damage to his grandmother.
The deceased minor’s uncle, James Kariuki, said “He was chopping a tree branch above power lines when he was electrocuted.”
Officials from Kenya Power in Kirinyaga County have since urged the residents to consult them when they want to cut, trim or remove tree branches above power lines.
The incident was reported at Kagio Police Station while the body of the deceased was taken to the Kibugi Funeral Home mortuary.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | BULLDOZERS FOR SANITIZERS | Families remain in the cold after evictions from Kariobangi sewage estate