The head of the Central Administration for Preventive Affairs at the Health and Population Ministry Mohamed Abdel-Fattah warned that the next 10 days will be the most dangerous in the pandemic yet, and urged increased caution towards social distancing, wearing facemasks and other measures.
During a phone-in with Ahmed Moussa’s TV show “Ala Massoulity” (By My Responsibility), Abdel-Fattah said that Cairo, Menoufia, Aswan, Qena, Sohag and the Red Sea are seeing the most infections.
Any citizen who feels short of breath must rush to the health care centers of the ministry immediately, he added.
“Citizens must receive the vaccine to prevent the spread of the virus, and social distancing must be maintained to prevent the spread of the virus,” Abdel-Fattah said.
He noted that over two million citizens have registered on the coronavirus vaccine website, and “we aim to vaccinate 200,000 citizens daily, and currently there are 360 vaccination centers.”
Al-Masry Al-Youm reviews the steps to register for coronavirus vaccine:
- Visit the ministry’s website.
- Choose to register to request coronavirus vaccine.
- Three options will be presented, either those working in the medical sector or those with chronic diseases of all age groups, and other groups.
- Basic information that you must enter when registering.
- Chose the language for communication.
- Name (as written on the ID card or travel document).
- Country of nationality.
- National ID number.
- Date of birth.
- Choose the governorate in which you want to get the vaccine.
- Choose the area/ center in where you want to get the vaccine.
- List if you suffer chronic diseases.
- Email (optional)
- Enter your mobile phone number, then use the “Submit” button to receive the verification code.
- Verify your mobile phone number.
- Landline number, preceded by the governorate code.
- Another mobile phone number (optional).
Edited translation from Al-Masry Al-Youm