Six Church Worshippers reportedly Electrocuted during Service

0
154

Six male adults who are worshippers at El-Adonai Evangelical Church in Abule-Egba, Lagos, were electrocuted when a flag pole touched a high-tension wire.

It was gathered that the incident occurred at 7:34am on Sunday, October 3.

Witnesses told Daily Trust that the church members were trying to fix the church’s flag while making way for some officials when they got electrocuted.

The flag’s pole was said to have touched the electrical cable which triggered the shock.

Men of the state Fire Service were called in to prevent further damage to lives and properties while the officials of the Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) were said to have been contacted.

The incident was confirmed by the Director of Lagos State Fire Service, Mrs Adeseye Margaret.

“The incident which was reported at 07:34 hours Sunday morning on El-Adonai Evegenlical Ministry, 18 Jibiwu Road, off Agbe Road, U-turn Bus Stop, Abule Egba, Lagos involving in a high tension connecting the C & S Church’s flag pole leading to the electrical shock of about 6 male adults.

“The Ikeja Electric Distribution Company has been informed and consequently de-energize power distribution to the environment while rescue operations continue amidst youths restiveness cum tensed area,” she said.