Real Madrid star Isco has opted to speak out over Zinedine Zidane’s use of his talents, after failing to get off the bench during his side’s meeting with Barcelona over the weekend.
The latest edition of El Clasico was of course played out on Saturday afternoon.
Both sides headed into proceedings desperate for all 3 points, amid altogether hit-and-miss respective openings to the campaign.
When all was said and done at the Camp Nou, though, it was the visitors who secured not only bragging rights, but a much-needed bounce-back victory on the back of a pair of consecutive defeats.
Fede Valverde put Real in front inside the opening 5 minutes, before Ansu Fati quickly levelled things up at the other end.
An at-times frantic 80 minutes ensued, during which either side could easily have secured the advantage.
In the end, though, it was Los Blancos who held their nerve, retaking the lead from the penalty spot courtesy of Man of the Match Sergio Ramos, before killing off the hopes of their hosts once and for all in injury-time, through Luka Modric.
Highlights: Barcelona 1-3 Real Madrid
As such, the mood at the Bernabeu, evidently, appears much rosier than it did a little over 48 hours ago.
One Real star, however, who remains altogether unhappy with his own situation, is Isco.
Spanish midfielder Isco was forced to watch on from the sidelines on Saturday, an unused substitute for the 2nd game running.
In fact, all told, the 28-year-old has amassed a grand total of just under 150 minutes on the pitch thus far this season.
And Isco has since made his feelings crystal clear regarding his struggles for game-time.
Speaking in an interview with Movistar+ this weekend, the gifted creator took aim at manager Zinedine Zidane, questioning the Frenchman’s decision-making when it comes to his time on the pitch:
‘If he has to take me off, he takes me off in the 50th or 60th minute of the game. Sometimes even at half-time… If he has to put me on, he’ll do it in the 80th minute.’
Whilst one Blancos attacker expresses his frustration, though, another will hope to get his career with the club back on track this week.
The player in question comes in the form of Eden Hazard.
On the back of another difficult, injury-riddled opening to the campaign for Belgian wide-man Hazard, the 29-year-old looks set to return to the Real fold tomorrow night, when the capital giants face off against Borussia Monchengladbach.
The Spanish champions will head into proceedings on Tuesday aware that a positive result is a must, having fallen to a shock defeat in the club’s Champions League opener at home to Shakhtar Donetsk last week.
Eden Hazard has travelled to Germany for Real Madrid’s Champions League clash with Borussia Mönchengladbach. The Belgian will offer Zidane another option in attack after returning from injury. https://t.co/uLye3c8pkV
— AS English (@English_AS) October 26, 2020