Ahero Sub-county Hospital in Kisumu County is this Friday expected to dispose of 22 bodies whose relatives cannot be traced.
The county government had last month obtained a court order allowing them to dispose of bodies lying in various mortuaries.
This followed an order issued by Governor Anyang Nyong’o to clear the bodies for burials amidst the coronavirus pandemic.
Ahero sub-county hospital boss Dr. Bernard Otieno in a notice says the bodies have taken over 6 months at the facility.
Dr. Otieno said they will take the drastic decision to bury the bodies in a public cemetery this Friday.
He says 12 of the bodies are men, five women, two kids born prematurely and three body parts.
Kisumu County government had issued a directive that bodies should not stay in the mortuary past 48 hours after death has occurred.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: KEMRI scientists examine safety of anti-malarial drugs in first trimester of pregnancy